PDX Parent, Portland’s best local parenting resources company, is seeking a bookkeeper to join our team. We’re looking for a detail oriented person with a strong background in Quickbooks.
- Accounts payable – prepare vendor payments, manage software subscriptions, expense report reconciliations
- Accounts receivable -invoice clients, process incoming payments, resolve collection issues, balance invoicing to source data
- Bank and credit card reconciliation
- Maintain a digital system for organizing the company financial documents using Google Shared Drive
- Compile monthly financial reports and present to executive management
- Assess and analyze budgets and financial data to find ways to minimize expenses and optimize profits
- Conduct budget and expense reviews and report to publisher and president
- Process payroll through Quickbooks: collect timesheets, enter and review data, ensure timely paychecks and reimbursement payments
- Process, review and approve monthly, quarterly and annual payroll tax forms and payments
- Coordinate with CPA to provide necessary materials for annual corporate tax filing and quarterly estimated payments
- Solid knowledge and experience of Quickbooks, Excel, Google Sheets and Google Drive.
- Experience budgeting and forecasting
- Familiarity with business and financial principles
- Outstanding organizational skills
Estimated Hours: 10-15 hours per week
Schedule: Flexible and work from home
Interested candidates should send resumes and cover letter outlining why you think you’d be a good fit for the position to Jill Weisensee, PDX Parent’s president, at firstname.lastname@example.org.