Vibe of Portland offers classes and workshops in SE and NE Portland that nurture children to innovate, explore, and collaborate in the artmaking process. We offer classes in 2D and 3D Mixed Media, Illustration and Character Development, Print Making, Intro to Clay and Pottery, Mural Making, Sewing and more. Classes are after school, weekends, and no school days, with offerings for homeschool classes. Online classes include a Tuesday late evening Intro to Drawing.
We strive to create a safe environment for children to develop their creative side. Children who use their imagination the most will be able to come up with multiple solutions to problems, not just in art, but in any subject for any career they choose. By practicing a variety of techniques, they will develop not only their right brain, but also their hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills. In order for their projects to be vibrant and last over many years, we use artist-grade paints, brushes, glues, and other materials.
- Vibe offers classes for youth grades 1-8, with online classes offered for high school through adult.
- Conveniently located in several locations throughout SE and NE Portland.
- No school workshops, winter and spring break camps.
- Projects where children work closely with teaching artists to create art for holiday events and community gatherings.
Vibe has implemented the following policies and rules to provide the best service and safety for all children, teachers and staff:
- Classes are limited to 10 children to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Our staff will disinfect the studio multiple times per day.
- All adults and children must wear a mask at all times and wash and/or sanitize hands upon entry and with reasonable frequency.
- We are using a no-touch thermometer on all customers upon entrance. If we have any doubt over the health of any guest, admission will be denied and a refund will be applied.