PP&R Ladybug Walk at Whitaker Ponds Natural Area (10:30am)
September 16 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am$3 – $9
Ladybug Walk at Whitaker Ponds Natural Area – 10:30am
Ladybug Nature Walks are a way for children ages 18 months-6 years (with an adult) to explore a local Portland park or natural area with a trained educator. Walks are child-directed and open-ended. Nature educators walk with the children in small groups, encouraging them to learn through questions, observation, and play. Groups move slowly through the park, stopping frequently, so children have time to notice the plants and animals around them. Each participating child gets to borrow a small ladybug backpack for the walk containing a few simple tools for exploring.
Walks last one hour and are geared for children ages 2-6. Children 18-24 months can register but will not be charged. If your child is a very young toddler, join us for the amount of time that works for you.
Please read all details carefully. This is an in-person activity that will be following guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Oregon Healthy Authority, and Multnomah County. All who are registered need to follow the COVID-19 protocols listed below.
For more information about the program, visit http://bit.ly/ladybugnaturewalks.
**Link to the correct walk in Activenet. Find links here.
Registration is required. Please review changes below before registering.
Program changes during the COVID-19 pandemic
COVID-19 requirements and recommendations:
Requirements for participation:
- Face Coverings: Due to state mandates, face coverings are required indoors and outdoors for everyone ages 5+, and are highly recommended for children ages 2-5 who can appropriately wear one. Ladybug Nature Walks are small gatherings of children and adults where physical distance cannot be guaranteed and all participants are unvaccinated. For more information, see the State of Oregon Indoor/Outdoor Mask Mandate
- Contain the spread of COVID-19. If someone in the household of any participant (child or adult) has a positive or presumptive case of COVID-19, has a known exposure to COVID-19, or is awaiting results to a COVID test, please do not attend the walk.
- Please only attend if you are healthy!
- If you are sick with a new or worsening cough, fever, shortness of breath, or recent loss of taste or smell, please withdraw from the program to keep others safe. You will receive a full refund. Withdraw online or contact 503-823-1149.
- Check for fever before you arrive for the walk. Please take the temperature of all participants before arriving at the walk, and stay home if you are ill.
- Physical distancing of six feet is recommended on the walk when possible. Please keep in mind that due to the nature of outdoor exploration and the ages of our participants, we cannot guarantee six feet of distance during this program.
- Follow general sanitation guidelines. Please make sure to wash or sanitize hands when you arrive, after using the bathroom, and after sneezing or coughing.