- This event has passed.
Washington Park Celebrates 150 Years with Parkwide, Interactive Experience
September 28, 2021
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until September 30, 2021
- What: Washington Park celebrates 150 years (1871-2021) by inviting visitors to explore Discovery Points, a parkwide, interactive experience.
- When: Beginning June 2021, through fall 2021 | Where: Washington Park, Portland
Washington Park is marking its sesquicentennial with a parkwide, interactive experience called Discovery Points. It includes featured locations throughout the Park connecting visitors to stories and culture from the past 150 years.
The entire experience is in free, public spaces – as well as fully virtual – and is available through fall. It’s also bilingual in English and Spanish. Here’s how it works:
- Discovery Points are marked with signs that include QR codes linking visitors to audio and written stories.
- Online: Visitors can get a Discovery Points downloadable map and an updated list of GPS locations on washingtonpark150.org or es.washingtonpark150.org
- In the Park: Visitors can pick up a list of locations, along with a free parkwide map, at the Explore Washington Park Visitor Information booths on the TriMet Plaza and near the Rose Garden Store.
On-site parking is limited, but drivers can check real-time parking availability before they arrive.
Visitors are encouraged to take TriMet’s MAX Red and Blue lines to the Park. The Washington Park Free Shuttle, which runs daily 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 pm, stops at the Washington Park MAX Station to bring visitors to the Park’s major destinations