Thank you for your interest in promoting your event on our Events Calendar.
Effective Monday November 23rd, we are moving to a new calendar system. Our old system has served us well for almost 5 years, but it's time to upgrade. We are very excited about this system as it gives us some great opportunities to better promote and utilize the events calendar in everyone's favor.
Unfortunately, we are unable to pull data from the old system into the new system and are working to get the new calendar filled quickly. But we need your help! All events previously submitted for the period 11/23/15 - 12/31/15 will need to be resubmitted ASAP.
We hope this process will be relatively quick and painless, though we know some of you have spent a good deal of time submitting events to our old system, so we thank you for your patience.
To submit new events (or resubmit events) please click here to bring up the submission window.
If you're like to see our new calendar, please visit our Calendar Example page here.
As a reminder, please review the following information about what kinds of events does Metro Parent-PDX Kids Calendar include in the calendar?
We include, free of charge, user submissions for kid-friendly events and happenings in the Portland/Vancouver metropolitan area. You can submit your event directly through the “Submit Event” link on our Events Calendar – or email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may decline your events for free inclusion if:
- they are a multiweek class
- they are a camp
- they are seeking to promote a sale or promotion/fundraiser/open house/happy hour
- they are overtly political
- they are geared primarily toward adults and do not have an obvious connection to caregiving/parenting
- they are over 60 miles from Portland-proper
- they are more than 60 days out from the date of submission.
If you event is excluded from being listed at no charge, we offer many options for promoting your event at various price levels. Email email@example.com for additional details, or check out our advertising rates and options here: metro-parent.com/advertise/.
Please note: We retain discretion to decline any events from inclusion even as sponsored events.
Minimum information required for all submissions:
- Contact name
- Email address
- A URL for additional information. Since we are a web-based resource we would like to provide a website for our readers who are interested in finding out more information about your event. It can be a website, a facebook page, or an affiliated website that contains detailed information about your event.
How to reach us:
We have a new calendar director on board, effective immediately. Meet Mitzy King. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.