From our friends at Northwest Children’s Theater:
Northwest Children’s Theater’s award-winning summer camps are coming to a location near you!
Summer Theater Camps in Portland & Beaverton for Ages 4 – 15
Whether you’re new to theater or you’re ready to enhance your acting, singing, and dancing technique, there’s something for everyone at NWCT. Campers will learn theater skills in a safe and welcoming environment, while gaining confidence, building social skills, and having fun!
June 13 – August 19
1819 NW Everett Street
June 20 – July 15
Fulton Park Community Center
68 SW Miles Street
July 18 – August 5
Trinity Methodist Church
3915 SE Steele Street
August 1 – 12
Patricia Reser Center for the Arts
12625 SW Crescent Street
August 8 – 19
Peninsula Odd Fellows Lodge
4834 N Lombard Street
Types of NWCT Summer Camps:
• First Stage Camps (Ages 4 – 6) combine character creation, storytelling, songs, theater games, and a healthy dose of silliness, introducing the magic of theater to our youngest students. Themes include Brontosaurus Birthday, Toys on the Loose, and Paws and Claws.
• Explore Camps (Ages 6 – 9 & 8 – 10) combine character creation, imaginative world-building, theater games, and adventures, immersing students into theater and creative play. Themes include Escaped from the Zoo, Tri-Wizard Tournament, Jurassic World, and Dungeons and Dramatics.
• Skills Camps (Ages 8 – 10 & 11 – 15) are designed to help students hone specific theater skills like acting, musical theater, improv, and technical theater.
• Playlabs (Ages 8 – 10 & 10 – 14) provide students the opportunity to enhance theater skills by putting on a play or musical. Students audition, rehearse, and perform. Everyone gets a part! Titles include Enchanted, Frozen Magic, and Stranger Things: Inside the Upside Down.
• Create-Your-Own Play/Musical Camps (Ages 8 – 10 & 10 – 14) combine the creativity of Explore Camps with the performance skill-building of Playlabs. Students devise their own stories and transform them into a theatrical presentation.