From our friends at A Renaissance School of Arts and Sciences
A Renaissance education challenges children as individuals at the edge of their abilities, creates a collaboratively-built bridge to the future, and offers experiences that become life-long passions.
Ren’s practices draw inspiration from the arts, design, sciences, and engineering… all lively contexts for the introduction, development, and application of skills. Based on inquiry processes embedded in field studies, lab work, and the studio, multiple layered projects unfold with adult guidance. Each child gains competence and confidence as a learner and contributing community member.
As a K-8 school, Ren offers an “extended family” environment, integrating forms of learning that fit developing minds:
• Personalized support, opportunities to develop healthy pastimes, practice with positive decision-making strategies, and resilience are benefits of our extended day schedule and extended year calendar.
• Responsive inquiry and reflection are the basis of critical perspective, creative integration, and innovation.
• In place of worksheets, children learn to organize, plan and prioritize, work with others, and apply ideas and skills in authentic work.
• Learners work with a variety of tools, materials, and resources to reveal the results of a range of studies, classical and contemporary.
• Children are empowered to find their voices, shaping questions and interpretations of their expanding world, contribution to active service, responsible leadership, and civic engagement.
Located south of Portland’s business district, the school is close to performance centers, arts installations, cultural events, unique architecture, and local government and business venues. Field trips are woven into the fabric of school studies. Speakers and specialists provide genuine work-world perspectives, expertise, and connections, along with focused classes, performance groups, shadow opportunities, and mentorships.
A vibrant community and a vital education. The school is our microscope; the world is our canvas.
Please contact us to explore a Renaissance education for your child and family.
Please RSVP at renpdx.org to attend an evening Open House: October 26 or December 7, or schedule a tour by contacting 971-221-2311 or email@example.com
- Featured Camp of the Week: Catlin Gabel School Summer Camps - March 28, 2023
- Giveaway: Free Family Pass (4) to North Clackamas Aquatic Park Big Surf Recreation Swim - March 26, 2023
- Portland-Area Earth Day Events - March 24, 2023