From our friends at the Portland Jewish Academy :
Portland Jewish Academy is an independent, inclusive, Jewish community school that welcomes families of all backgrounds, serving students 6 weeks of age through 8th grade. PJA’s values-based education supports students’ personal growth and development, empowering students to think for themselves and work for the world.
Schedule a personal tour of the campus and see the school in action. Visit pjaproud.org to learn more.
Early Childhood (6 weeks through Pre-K)
• Child-centered and play-based instruction emphasizes social and emotional development, cognitive skills and exploration.
• Inclusive settings recognize children’s diverse abilities and learning styles.
• Flexible scheduling puts families’ and children’s needs first.
Day School (K-5th grade)
• PJA’s hands-on interdisciplinary curriculum emphasizes collaborative learning, critical thinking, character development and community engagement.
• Smaller classes with a 10:1 student-to-teacher ratio allow for personalized attention and differentiated learning.
• Hebrew language is a core part of a PJA education, offering all the benefits of learning a second language early in life.
Middle School (6th-8th grade)
• Robust instruction incorporates health, wellness and exploratories such as drama, gardening, animation, cooking, photography and much more.
• Close-knit community provides time to grow up in a safe and nurturing environment.
• Caring faculty encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning and become advocates for themselves.
• Learning Commons includes an extensive library collection curated by our full-time certified librarian
• Outdoor playgrounds and gardens
• Art studio, music studio, science lab and makerspace
• Indoor Sportsplex and full-size gym
Visit pjaproud.org to learn more.