Rox in Sox Festival on Saturday, July 30
For the fourth year in a row, Rox in Sox will host a free festival of children’s music and reading, on Saturday, July 30, 10 am to 3 pm. Headlining this year’s festival will be OzoKidz, the percussive, world-beat family band of Ozomatli, with performances by Aaron Nigel Smith and his 1 World Chorus, plus popular songsters Mo Phillips and Mr. Ben.
The festival takes place at King School Park at 4906 NE 6th Street (off Alberta and MLK) in Portland. Admission to Rox in Sox is free with a donation of new shoes, socks or books for kids in need.
PDX Parent will offer free hands-on crafts and activities for kids, and Portland retailer Green Bean Books will curate and present children’s book authors and illustrators reading and talking with kids about their works.
- Cool and upbeat music CDs from Ozomatli’s OzoKidz, Aaron Nigel Smith, and Mo Phillips
- Children’s books from Green Bean Books
- A backstage visit with Aaron Nigel Smith and/or OzoKidz, with time for a photo opp with the band
- Chipotle “Grow Books” for your family
- Two Chipotle BOGO coupons
Three additional winners will each receive one music CD.
You must be present at Rox in Sox festival on Saturday, July 30th between 10 am and 12 noon to pick up the prize.
We are excited to be giving away a Rox in Sox Prize Pack to one family, plus individual CDs for three additional winners. See the details below for how to enter. Good luck!