The PDX Parent Web Editor should be a skilled writer and researcher with an eye for detail and an understanding of the special requirements of publishing web content.
- Manage online content.
- Plan and maintain website editorial calendar.
- Write new articles and roundups.
- Update existing content and roundups as needed.
- Manage freelance writers to create engaging and original content for the web within designated budget.
- Set up reviews of upcoming performances (plan for the upcoming performances, find reviewers, coordinate with theaters, etc.)
- Respond to timely news events with web-only stories that explore how they impact local families and kids.
- Manage monthly posts of magazine content
- Collaborate with clients, marketing and photographers, contributing writers to improve article presentation
- Analyze Google Analytics and SEO performance
- Monitor website traffic to measure popularity
- Create quarterly web performance reports for publisher
- Create reports for and communicate with clients on metrics for digital advertising, including web ad stats, pageviews, email newsletters, e-blast performance
- Other Duties
- Work with Publisher on layout of website including images, graphics, video, and artwork.
- Work with Publisher in managing sponsored content.
- Experience in writing, editing, and proofreading
- Ability to manage workload effectively
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with limited creative direction, but — at the same time — communicative and collaborative when the job calls for it
- Passion for and familiarity with our local parenting community Attention to detail and intolerance for errors
- WordPress experience
- Google Analytics knowledge
Schedule: Flexible but includes daily, timely communication with co-workers and website users.
Interested candidates should send resumes and cover letter outlining why you think you’d be a good fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org