Are you looking for fun things to do with your kids this weekend? Here are some of our top picks for the Portland-metro area.
There have been some recent event cancellations, so please double-check with the organizer’s website or social media accounts before heading out. Use your best judgement to plan what feels right for your family. We have also added some fresh-air and at-home activities to the end of this post.
Friday, March 13:
Worm Composting for Kids in Milwaukie
Bring the kiddos to the newly relocated Ledding Library of Milwaukie to learn about worm composting in this special program. Ages 5 and up. Free!
Journey Theater’s The Secret Garden in Washougal
Watch young actors shine in The Secret Garden, which tells the story of an 11-year-old orphan who discovers the wonders of her uncle’s English estate including a magical garden. Fridays-Sundays, March 13-22, Washougal High School, Washougal, Washington.
Saturday, March 14:
The Sellwood-Moreland St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Festival has been cancelled.
Strawberry Explosion at Al’s Garden & Home of Sherwood
Kids will love planting strawberry plants in a unique container—and they’ll love picking and eating the delicious red, ripe strawberries they grow throughout the summer months. Join Al’s Kids’ Club to learn more about this wonderful fruit! Check their website for future Kids’ Club events at all Al’s locations.
Sunday, March 15:
Disney’s Frozen at Keller Auditorium
Frozen hits Portland as part of the Broadway Across America series. Your kids will be flabbergasted by the special effects, sensational sets and costumes, and standout performances. Runs through March 22. Recommended for ages 8 and up.
Tallulah’s Daddy with Mr. Ben and Zazzy Zoe at The Not-So-Secret Family Show
Head to the Alberta Street Pub in NE Portland for music, food and drink! Doors open at 3 pm; the show will begin with a short opening set, then the whole band will play.
The Grouchy Ladybug Party at Tigard Public Library
No grouchy backyard ladybug buddies here! Enjoy some spotty activities, crafts and interactive storytime fun for everyone. Costumed ladybugs welcome. Free!
Looking for other ideas?
- Find more events on the Kids Calendar.
- Get some fresh air! Try a family hike, bike ride, or explore a local natural area or park. Two we like are Oxbow Regional Park and Orenco Woods Nature Park.
- Looking for some at-home fun? Create a winter wonderland with DIY snow dough or turn your kitchen into a makeshift science lab with these fun (and only mildly messy) experiments.
- Easing Kids Back into Routines During the Pandemic - September 13, 2021
- This Weekend in PDX - September 13, 2021
- Consignment Shops in and around Portland - September 7, 2021