At PDX Parent, we are growing our website and digital tools to improve our service for readers and clients. We’ve recently implemented several improvements, including new business directory and calendar plugins. We are looking for a part-time WordPress Specialist to help with the continued improvement of these and future tools.
Our site is maintained and hosted through a third-party. The WordPress Specialist may work with the web maintenance vendor as needed, but the main focus is on the regular, ongoing improvement to the website through problem solving and agreed-upon projects.
Our site is built on the Astra theme, and we use Gutenberg and Beaver Builder. The new plugins are The Events Calendar and Web Directory 2.0. Experience with these tools is not as important as understanding how these types of tools work in general.
In this role, you’ll provide support to the team at PDX Parent for WordPress website:
- Provide technical expertise and support for the PDX Parent website, including optimizing the new calendar and directory plugins.
- Advise web team concerning the functionality of PDX Parent website, including future website development.
- Some training on WordPress and plugin functionality.
- As time allows, initiate and complete projects that help the PDX Parent site overall, including site speed, site size and health.
- Work with outside web maintenance contractors as needed.
- Carry out agreed upon additional projects.
We are looking for a positive, creative problem-solver with a proven track record providing support for WordPress websites and:
- Experience with WordPress development like hooks and code snippets
- Knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Knowledge of industry best practices who can suggest improvements and help make decisions on web growth.
PDX Parent operates as a virtual company and the ability to home-office is required.
To learn more, send an email to Michelle Carew, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary requirements.