Your kids can easily create this colorful candleholder project from Vibe of Portland.
This super easy collage project, crafted from simple materials, allows kids to independently make a sweet candle holder — a perfect gift for them to give to friends and family members. Plus, the project is a great way to repurpose tissue paper leftover from the holidays or a birthday. Pro tip: You can often find flameless tea light candles at Dollar Tree.
- Tissue paper in various colors
- Clean glass jar
- Mod Podge
- Paint brush
- Construction paper or die-cut shapes (optional)
- Battery-operated tea light candle
1. Tear tissue into small bits.
2. Apply Mod Podge to the outside of a clean jar with a paint brush.
3. Apply the tissue bits to the glue.
4. Add construction paper shapes if you want to create a silhouette, use a small dab of Mod Podge to secure them if necessary. Optional: Apply another light coat of Mod Podge over tissue paper.
5. Let it dry. Drop in a battery-operated tea light candle to see the candleholder glow.