Portland Jewish Academy is an independent, inclusive, Jewish community school that welcomes families of all backgrounds, serving students 6 weeks through 8th grade. PJA’s values-based education supports students’ personal growth and development, encouraging students to find their unique voice and become their best selves. PJA students are empowered to think for themselves and work for the world.
Schedule a personal tour of the campus and see the school in action.
Visit pjaproud.org to learn more.
Early Childhood (6 weeks through Pre-K)
- Child-centered and play-based instruction emphasizes social and emotional development, cognitive skills and exploration.
- Inclusive settings recognize children’s diverse abilities and learning styles.
- Flexible scheduling puts families’ and children’s needs first.
Day School (K-5th grade)
- PJA’s hands-on interdisciplinary curriculum emphasizes collaborative learning, critical thinking, character development and community engagement.
- Smaller classes with a 10:1 student-to-teacher ratio allow for personalized attention and differentiated learning.
- Hebrew language is a core part of a PJA education, offering all the benefits of learning a second language early in life.
PJA Kindergarten Open House | for Families + Students, Sunday, December 3 | 10:00 - 11:30 am at PJA, More information at pjaproud.org/admission
Middle School (6th-8th grade)
- Robust instruction incorporates health, wellness and exploratories such as drama, gardening, animation, cooking, photography and much more.
- Close-knit community provides time to grow up in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Caring faculty encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning and become advocates for themselves.
- Learning Commons includes an extensive library collection curated by our full-time certified librarian
- Outdoor playgrounds and gardens
- Art studio, music studio, science lab and makerspace
- Indoor Sportsplex and full-size gym
PJA Summer Discovery
- Open to everyone!
- Explore your creativity, discover your talents, nurture your curiosity and broaden your horizons at PJA’s Summer Discovery Program. With safety and security as a top priority, PJA offers enriching classes from experienced, professional teachers who are excited to teach topics and themes with passion.
- Explore the outdoor classroom, create imaginative stories with puppet theatre, learn to paint with watercolors, construct Lego sculptures, and more!
- PJA teachers incorporate STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) to enhance learning. Classes spend time outside playing, exploring, and going on adventures, so bring your walking shoes!