Practicing yoga is a great way to relax, get fit and get flexible. And the same goes for kids too! With so many great yoga studios in Portland, it’s no wonder that many of them also offer kid-friendly yoga options. From post-natal to family yoga, to a girls-only class, here’s a breakdown of studios that offer yoga for the whole family.
- Imagination Yoga. This curriculum-based kids yoga program aims to do more than just get kids moving. They believe yoga is great for teaching kids about compassion, concentration, relaxation, and how to be “boldly kind.” They offer yoga classes throughout Portland, indoor and out.
- The Bhaktishop. Much-loved yoga instructor Shana Celnicker-Chong teaches a weekly Mama & Baby yoga class at this SE Portland studio. The class is a great way to bring new parents together and get you moving again, without having to be away from your baby. They also offer prenatal classes throughout the week. The Bhaktishop, 2500 SE 26th Ave.
- Sensational Play strengthens young minds and bodies with a unique blend of aerial yoga, sensory play and mindfulness for kids, using evidence-based strategies and curriculum. After- school and weekend series are offered at DAYA Foundation, 5210 SW Corbett Ave. for ages 4-17. Drop-ins are sometimes available. Check their online schedule for availability.
- Sellwood Yoga. Sellwood Yoga’s lovely, airy space in downtown Sellwood offers a monthly kids yoga class on Fridays. Aimed at ages 2-10, teachers Rosey and Annie will gently work through yoga poses with you and your kiddos. Sellwood Yoga, 7970 SE 13th Ave, Portland
- Santosha Yoga. Santosha Yoga offers a Family Yoga the first and third Saturdays of the month from 12:30 to 1:15 pm for a parent/guardian and child 3+. They also offer a Kishora Yoga series for kids ages 10-16, and private sessions for children experiencing specialized needs or disabilities. Santosha Yoga, 4876 NW Bethany Blvd, L-4, Portland
- Yoga Shala: Classes include a tiny tots yoga and classes for kids 6-10 years old and 10-13. Bonus for busy parents: the studio offers child care for some grownup yoga classes, giving you a much-needed break and chance to get re-centered. Yoga Shala, 3808 North Williams Ave, Portland
- Ready Set Grow. Ready Set Grow offers prenatal, baby & me and multitasking mamas & papas yoga classes in Vancouver and at The Village Ballroom in NE Portland. These classes are geared towards adults, but kids are welcome to come, play and join in as much as they like.
- Roseway Yoga. Roseway offers a weekly Baby & Me Yoga class, perfect for nurturing your post-baby mind and body. Roseway Yoga, 6529 NE Sandy Blvd #101, Portland
- Whitney Handrich Bodywork & Yoga. Whitney leads yoga classes for kids at various sites throughout the Portland-Metro area, including Hammer & Jacks, libraries, and yoga studios.
- Yoga Refuge. Mama + Baby classes focused on postnatal recovery are offered in 5 week sessions. Check site for next session. Yoga Refuge, 7831 SE Stark St. #300 Portland, OR 97215
- Firelight Yoga. Firelight Yoga offers class sessions in kids yoga and family yoga (sometimes with drop-in options). Check site to learn more.
Latest posts by PDX Parent Staff (see all)
- Featured Camp of the Week: Catlin Gabel School Summer Camps - March 28, 2023
- Giveaway: Free Family Pass (4) to North Clackamas Aquatic Park Big Surf Recreation Swim - March 26, 2023
- Portland-Area Earth Day Events - March 24, 2023