1. Shake off the day at Cully’s cozy whole-foods café Tiny Moreso and tuck into a Rawdacious mini-cake — GF, vegan, raw and available in a rainbow of flavors from pumpkin to blueberry coconut.
2.Over on Alberta Street, Back to Eden’s bakery-café serves up a mighty assortment of plant-based, vegan and gluten-free goodies (the cupcakes and soft-serve sundaes are standouts) and employees are trained in preventing cross-contamination.
3. Sweeten up the prospect of mall errands with a stop at Jamba Juice — you heard that right! Kids snack safely at this smoothie mega-chain, thanks to an established allergen protocol and nut-free blenders on request.
4. Rushing to the next thing? Bribe your kids into submission with a slice of Swiss roll or a peanut-butter power bar to go from the Lloyd District’s Gluten Free Gem.
5. And, yeah, we can’t stop talking about the Pearl’s Little Bean, whose chickpea-sourced ice cream and cones make for virtuous after-school snacking, sans dairy, gluten, soy or nuts. (The chickpea milk is also on point.)
- Family-Friendly Sledding, Skiing and Snowboarding in Oregon - November 17, 2022
- Portland-Area Live Performances by Month - October 3, 2022
- Road Trip Ideas: PNW Magic - May 12, 2022