Brook Rice, the artist behind the free Pumpkin Display at West Linn, is basically the Santa of Halloween. It would be more than enough to provide one of the coolest Halloween experiences in the Portland metro area at no cost, but Rice has also put together a Halloween home display route for families who make the trek out to the display in West Linn and want to make a night of it.
We share the route here, with permission, to spread the word about these fantastic displays. Rice’s QR code below will add the route to Google Maps, with a drive time of approximately 1.5 hours, not including stops. Rice estimates that the route will take most families around 3 hours to complete.
To create the route, Rice consulted the Northwest Haunters Association map and the Pacific Northwest Christmas Lights map. After choosing homes within a geographic area from both maps, Rice visited all the homes on the route in late September and early October and chose favorites based on impact, originality, handmade decorations, and the enthusiasm of the owner. Then Rice ran the route five to six times before finalizing it.
Thanks to all of Rice’s research, looking for Halloween home displays has never been easier.
Where: 2885 White Salmon Ct. West Linn
When: Open two weekends beginning Oct. 20
Where: 1810 Carriage Way, West Linn, OR 97068
Stop 3: Todd & Michelle’s Halloween Wonderland
Where: 19242 SW Indian Springs Rd, Lake Oswego, OR 97035
Stop 4: Miles Court
Where: 5612 SW Miles Ct., Portland, OR 97219
Stop 5: Shadows on Center Street
Where: 3667 SE Center St, Portland, OR 97202
Stop 6: David Graveyard
Where: 8703 SE 43rd Ave, Milwaukie, OR 97222
When: Open day and night, with special effects after dark on weekends.
Stop 7: Flye Manor
Where: 9555 SE 56th Ave, Milwaukie, OR 97222
Where: 15909 SE Lark Ave, Milwaukie, OR 97267
What: Tune your radio to 88.1 FM and enjoy an animated light show!
Bonus Stop 9: The Dragon House in West Linn
Where: 2533 Oregon City Blvd, West Linn, OR 97068
Alternate Shorter Route, SE Only
If you can’t count on your little ones remaining cheerful for three hours of Halloween fun, try this shorter route specific to SE Portland instead. Rice would like to share credit for this route with Jessica Reisterer-McQuiston, who helped vet many of the homes.
- Lone Fir Cemetery — 649 SE 26th Ave, Portland, OR 97214
- Tabor Creations — SE Lincoln St & SE 60th Ave, Portland, OR 97215
- Shadows on Center Street — 3667 SE Center St, Portland, OR 97202
- Post Mabone PDX — 7207 SE 78th Ave, Portland, OR 97206
- Spooky Spiders — 5626 SE Lexington St, Portland, OR 97206
- Flye Manor — 9555 SE 56th Ave, Milwaukie, OR 97222
- Davis Graveyard — 8703 SE 43rd Ave, Milwaukie, OR 97222
- Shilling Lights on Lark — 15909 SE Lark Ave, Milwaukie, OR 97267
- This Weekend in PDX - November 28, 2023
- I’m Seeing A Christmas Carol at Portland Playhouse Twice This Season: Here’s Why - November 27, 2023
- 11+ Ways to See The Nutcracker in Portland - November 23, 2023