PDX Parent, Portland’s best local parenting resources company, is seeking an e-newsletter editor to join our team. We’re looking for a creative and enthusiastic editor who values collaboration and teamwork, and is also an independent self-starter. Hours are part-time and flexible, and you’ll work with a great group of supportive parents to put out the area’s smartest parenting magazine, most comprehensive website and our highly trafficked events calendar.
Under the direction of our Publisher and in coordination with our Web Editor, the e-newsletter editor will curate weekly e-newsletters dedicated to parenting in the Portland metro area. These newsletters feature content from our print magazine and website as well as content from our advertising partners.
E-newsletter editor responsibilities will include:
- Copywrite, edit and build two e-newsletters and two client e-blasts weekly, and others as needed
- Assist in creating and planning annual editorial for e-newsletters
- Write/produce e-newsletter content as needed
- Edit newsletter images as needed via Canva
- Work with web editor, publisher and sales on content decisions
- Proofread and edit client content in accordance with PDX Parent’s editorial guidelines
- Manage and consistently meet weekly and daily deadline
- Communicate professionally and directly with advertisers to attain client content and advertising materials in a timely manner as needed, and approve client e-blasts
- Work on other assignments as needed
- Exceptional skills and experience in writing, editing, and proofreading
- Ability to manage your own workload effectively, juggling multiple projects and deadlines at any given time
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with limited creative direction, but — at the same time — communicative and collaborative when the job calls for it
- Passion for and familiarity with our local parenting community and ability to relate with our target readership
- Incredible attention to detail and intolerance for errors
- Flexible and willing to take on new challenges
- Experience with MailChimp or other email marketing software a plus
- Comfortable learning new software
Hours: up to 40 per month.
Schedule: Flexible but primarily during school hours
Interested candidates should send resumes and cover letter outlining why you think you’d be a good fit for the position to Rose Caudillo, PDX Parent’s publisher, at email@example.com