PDX Parent, Portland’s indispensable local parenting magazine, events calendar and website, is seeking a part-time advertising sales account executive to join our sales team. This highly-organized and self-motivated advertising executive will be responsible for serving and engaging new and existing clients on Portland’s east side. This position is base plus commission and comes with a solid base of established accounts. The territory is historically able to generate more than $30,000 income annually. Account Executives will work with the publisher and president to accomplish clearly defined sales goals. We’re looking for a sales-oriented professional who values productivity, customer engagement and business development.
The successful candidate will be
- Passionately engaged in the Portland parenting community
- Highly organized and motivated to close sales and service accounts.
- Confident prospector for new business
- Independent and efficient, able to successfully home office and succeed
- Personable, outgoing, and engaging, both in person and on the phone
- Happy to go the extra mile on their clients’ behalf
- 20-25 hours per week availability during business/school hours
- Increased availability during busy months of February, April, September and December. (Decreased requirements during school holidays and summer months)
- At least two years of media or transferrable sales experience
- Computer skills in Mac environment, Google apps, and MS office
- Reliable transportation, current driver’s license and insurance
- CMS software experience, preferably Magazine Manager.
PDX Parent operates as a virtual company. All employees home-office. The ability to function well in the team without co-location with coworkers is critical to success.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Publisher Rose Caudillo, at email@example.com
- Portland-Area Pumpkin Patches & Corn Mazes - September 21, 2023
- 30+ Ideas for Kid-Friendly Fall Fun - September 20, 2023
- Celebrate Family With These Book Picks from Powell’s - September 18, 2023