From our friends at Cedarwood Waldorf School:
Cedarwood Waldorf School brings Waldorf education to life and strives to instill a love for learning. Our curriculum weaves together the arts, academics, and movement, with a reverence for the developing child. We nurture our children’s spirituality, cultivate their ability to think imaginatively and inspire them to seek the truth.
CWS is an independent school that welcomes families of all backgrounds, serving students 3 years of age through 8th grade.
Schedule a tour of the campus and experience the Cedarwood difference. Visit https://www.cedarwoodschool.org/welcome-to-cedarwood to learn more.
Early Childhood (ages 3-6)
- Play-based instruction that encourages imagination and problem-solving with a focus on social and emotional learning
- A warm nurturing environment of soft fabrics, gentle lighting, and natural materials where children participate in the community as friends.
- The work of the young child is play. Cedarwood believes this whole-heartedly and creates a space where our youngest children grow and thrive through play and exploration.
Elementary School (grades 1-5)
- Students thrive in experiential lessons in core academics as well as Japanese, Spanish, movement, Practical Arts, eurythmy, and music.
- Regular field trips help connect us with our broader community.
- As class communities form, the social life of the students and parents supports the learning journey.
Middle School (grades 6-8)
- A warm community where students are comfortable expressing themselves and are truly seen by their teachers.
- Core academics and subjects from grade school continue and are enhanced with Cyber Civics, advanced math, and a culminating 8th-grade project.
- Experiential education and adventure brings learning to life for middle school students as they explore the Pacific Northwest together and have fun doing it!
- Supportive high school placement process.
- A community for the entire family with festivals, celebrations, and events that bring everyone into the community and highlight shared contributions to the school.
- Now more than ever, we are committed to meeting our students with an openness to possibility, providing time and tools for developing resiliency, and teaching them skills that can be used to turn challenges into opportunities.
- Cedarwood Waldorf School is located in the Southwest, central to most Portland neighborhoods, and has a beautiful courtyard, community garden, nearby hiking trails, and daily access to Lair Hill Park.