From our friends at Portland Jewish Academy
Founded in 1961, Portland Jewish Academy is an independent, inclusive community school that welcomes families of all backgrounds. Located in SW Portland, PJA serves students 6 weeks through 8th grade. At PJA, they teach students to think for themselves and work for the world.
Virtual Open House: November 18 at 6:00 pm
Visit pjaproud.org to learn more.
Early Childhood (6 weeks through PreK)
- Child-centered and play-based instruction emphasizes social and emotional development, cognitive skills, and exploration.
- Inclusive settings recognize children’s diverse abilities and learning styles.
- Flexible scheduling puts families’ and children’s needs first.
Day School (K-5th grade)
- Unique curriculum integrates literacy, social studies, math, and science with Jewish Studies, Hebrew language, technology, the arts, and community service.
- Project-based learning encourages students to think critically and creatively.
- Smaller classes allow for personalized attention and differentiated learning.
Middle School (6th-8th grade)
- Robust instruction incorporates health, wellness, and exploratories such as drama, gardening, animation, cooking, photography, and much more.
- Close-knit community provides time to grow up in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Caring faculty encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning and advocate for themselves.
- Over 80,000 square feet of space
- Learning Commons includes an extensive library collection curated by our full-time certified librarian.
- Three outdoor playgrounds and two gardens
- Two art studios, music studio, science lab, and Makerspace
- Indoor soccer plex and full-size gym
Latest posts by PDX Parent Staff (see all)
- June Installment of Summer Camps with Space - June 5, 2023
- Pride Events in PDX - June 4, 2023
- Shop Local at These 37 Portland-Area Farmers Markets - June 4, 2023