Do your kiddos like to move and groove?
Follow our easy, painted ribbon wand tutorial and they can get their wiggles on, dancing and prancing to the beat while combining visual and performing arts.
Note: Find corn dog sticks at Cash & Carry. Any type of smooth stick or dowel will work. If you do not have bubble wrap around the house, most Dollar Tree stores carry it.
- White grosgrain ribbon (1.5 inches wide and 2 ½ feet long per wand is ideal)
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Corn dog sticks
- Bubble wrap, at least 3 feet long by 1 foot wide
- Plastic table cloth, optional
- Paint pots, any container will work
- Paint, Bicocolor or tempera in a variety of colors
- Paint brushes
1. Cut 2 ½ feet of ribbon per wand. Hot glue about ¾ of an inch of ribbon around the pointed tip of the corn dog stick.
2. Lay out the bubble wrap and tape the perimeter down to a flat surface. Squirt paint into paint pots. Use brushes to apply paint to bubble wrap. The paint should match the length of the ribbon. There is no wrong way to apply the paint, but try not to overlap colors too much or the paint will get muddy.
3. Place the white ribbon on top of the painted bubble wrap and gently pat the ribbon with your hands. Press down harder for a more saturated look, lighter for more defined dots.
4. Grab the stick and gently peel the ribbon away from the bubble wrap to reveal your magical creation. Allow time for the wand to dry before activating the awesome possibilities of play.