Make a child’s holiday extra-special by donating a gift to one of these organizations.
1. Not only is Toy & Joy Makers one of Portland’s largest toy drives, it’s also one of the country’s oldest! Founded in 1914, this organization is completely volunteer run. Drop off a present — or donate money — at any Portland fire station or the org’s office in Northeast Portland.
2. The KGW Great Toy Drive is perhaps the area’s most well known toy drive. More than 130 local nonprofits participate in collecting and distributing gifts to families in need. Find a toy drop location here.
3. The City of Lake Oswego is holding its annual Lake Oswego Toy Drive, too. Drop off new, unwrapped toys at the Lake Oswego Fire Department Main Station (300 B Avenue) and the Lake Oswego Public Library (706 Fourth Street), by December 13. The city is also hosting its Fill a Stocking, Fill a Heart program during which volunteers make more than 3,000 large stockings, which are then stuffed with toys, blankets, gloves, socks and more.
4. Trillium Family Services has been holding its annual toy drive, the Holiday Wish Giving Drive, for more than 20 years. Simply buy a gift from its Amazon wish list and it will be sent directly to the organization.
5. If you’re in the Vancouver area, the YWCA Clark County Holiday Shop is an excellent toy drive. There are several ways to help, including donating online, ordering from Amazon and Target wish lists, or buying and dropping off a gift — the deadline is December 14.
- Top 5 Holiday Toy Drives - December 4, 2023
- Top 5 Consignment Boutiques for Kids’ Halloween Costumes - September 26, 2023
- Free Meals Will Improve Outcomes for Oregon Students Next School Year - September 11, 2023