Make a child’s holiday extra-special by donating a gift to one of these organizations.
1. Not only is Toy & Joy Makers one of Portland’s largest toy drives, it’s also one of the country’s oldest! Founded in 1914, this organization is completely volunteer run. Drop off a present — or donate money — at any Portland fire station or the org’s office in Northeast Portland.
2. The KGW Great Toy Drive is perhaps the area’s most well known toy drive. More than 130 local nonprofits participate in collecting and distributing gifts to families in need.
3. The City of Lake Oswego is holding its annual Lake Oswego Toy Drive, too. The city is also hosting its Fill a Stocking, Fill a Heart program during which volunteers make more than 3,000 large stockings, which are then stuffed with toys, blankets, gloves, socks and more. Call 503-635-0257 for more info.
4. Trillium Family Services has been holding its annual toy drive, the Holiday Wish Giving Drive, for more than 20 years. Simply buy a gift from its Amazon wish list and it will be sent directly to the organization. Families can also drop off presents at their Portland location on Southeast Powell.
5. If you’re in the Vancouver area, the YWCA Clark County Holiday Shop is an excellent toy drive. There are several ways to help, including donating online, buying and dropping off a gift — the deadline is December 14 — and volunteering to wrap the presents.
- Portland Kindie Artist Spotlight: Mo Phillips - May 24, 2023
- Mom to Know: Portland Author Nora Ericson - May 18, 2023
- Portland Kindie Artist Spotlight: Kelli Welli - May 4, 2023