I moved to Portland in late June of 2014, and I didn’t know even one person here beyond my husband and two preschoolers. The Fourth of July snuck up on me, and I was frantically scrambling for something fun to do, since we definitely weren’t getting invited to any barbecues.
Luckily, Portland doesn’t disappoint. There are plenty of ways to enjoy this summer holiday, whether you have loads of friends or are flying solo. That year we celebrated at Oaks Park, and we’ve done something new every year since. There are dozens of ways to celebrate, big and small!
And if you just want to get cozy on your couch and watch Hamilton, we say that definitely counts, too.
Independence Day Events:
More Ideas for Fun:
For even more July fun, check out these roundups:
- 40 Ideas for Non-Stop Portland-Area Fun
- Our Favorite Spots to Pick Berries
- 101 Things to Do in PDX
- Ultimate Portland Staycation Ideas
- Explore Portland Like a Tourist
- Family-Friendly Hikes
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland Performing Arts: Theater, Ballet, Concerts and More - September 21, 2023
- This Weekend in PDX - September 20, 2023
- Birthday Freebies in PDX Make Birthdays Fun and Affordable - September 14, 2023