It’s not everyday Mary Poppins comes knocking on your door. Which is why my daughters were thrilled to see her, umbrella in hand, on our doorstep Sunday morning. She came to hand-deliver season tickets to Northwest Children’s Theater’s 2018-2019 season.
My girls love going to NWCT and while I didn’t buy season tickets last year, we attended each of the four shows. That’s why when their Great Grandma asked about birthday present ideas last spring, I suggested season tickets. When I bought the tickets in June, I found that NWCT offers season subscribers free character delivery of their tickets! Seeing as my kids adore the post-show meet and greet at NWCT, I knew having an actual character show up at our house would blow their minds.
And it sure did! When the bell rang on Sunday morning, I asked the girls to answer the door. The door opened and jaws dropped! Mary Poppins, perfect in every way, introduced herself and greeted my kids by name. She presented them the tickets, along with balloons and show posters, which she graciously autographed. The experience made a huge impression and they cannot wait to go to the first show of the season later this month.
A few details:
- You can still become a 2018/19 Season Subscriber (four shows), $56 for kids and $72 for adults.
- As far as scheduling goes, NWCT reached out to me via email to request my address and date availabilities to assist with scheduling. Towards the end of August, they emailed the specific date and time (a 90 minute window) for the Character Delivery. They were right on time!
- Sign up as a Season Subscriber next year to be eligible for the character delivery at the start of the season!
- Winter’s a Beach: Cannon Beach with Kids in the Off-season - March 8, 2019
- Five Hot Spots for Pre-Walkers at the Oregon Zoo - January 10, 2019
- Out and About: Two Sisters Play Café - October 20, 2018