It’s no secret that berries are good for you. Recent research has confirmed that berries play an important role in keeping all of us healthy and that eating them may lessen the chances of heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease and even help increase metabolism. These easy-to-make yogurt pops from Oregon Raspberry and Blackberry Commission, sponsors of the Oregon Berry Festival, are so delicious your kids will never suspect they’re good for them.
Raspberry Blackberry Greek Yogurt Frozen Popsicles
Makes 6 to 8 depending on the size of the popsicle mold.
- 2 cups frozen, thawed blackberries or raspberries
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (can omit if desired)
- 16 ounces honey-flavored Greek-style yogurt
- Combine berries with powdered sugar (if using) in a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth to make a puree.
- Spoon half the yogurt into a bowl and stir in 2 tbsp of puree so it is stained pink.
- Spoon this mixture into popsicle molds. Add the rest of the puree, then the rest of the yogurt.
- Push in popsicle sticks and freeze until solid. (If the sticks won’t stay straight, partially freeze for 20-40 minutes, then add the sticks.)
This recipe originally appeared on oregon-berries.com, and was republished with permission.
About the Oregon Berry Festival: Join The Oregon Berry Festival at the 6th Annual Oregon Berry Festival, held once again at the Ecotrust Event Space in Portland on Friday, July 15 from 12-6 pm and Saturday, July 16 from 11 am – 5 om. This free, family-friendly event offers an array of delicious berry bites and fun; there’s no better way to get a taste of what makes Oregon berries so special. The festival includes two days of an all-berry farmers marketplace, musical entertainment on the Bluesberry Stage, cooking demos, information about growing your own berries and health professionals on hand to talk about eating berries supports a healthy lifestyle. This is the place to try berry shrubs, pies, jams, ice creams and more, including fresh berries from Oregon’s finest family farms. For more information, visit www.oregonberryfestival.com.
- Holiday Gift Picks for Every Type of Kid - December 8, 2022
- 10-Plus Easy, Healthy Halloween Treats - October 29, 2022
- Our Favorite Apple Picking Spots Near PDX - August 30, 2022