These yummy, no-bake energy balls make a great snack for busy kids.
Snacks, snacks, snacks! Any parent knows that no matter where they are or how recently they ate, kids are always in the mood for snacks.
Enter these delicious almond-butter energy balls — a healthy snack filled with tons of protein and fiber. I love them because they’re easy and require no baking. You do need to let them set in the fridge overnight so they keep their form.
I recommend using a good-quality almond butter, but you can easily substitute peanut butter or even add other ingredients such as unsweetened cocoa powder. Kids (and grown-ups) will love these pop-in-your-mouth snacks, which keep really well in your fridge or in the freezer.
Almond-butter Energy Balls
Makes 12 energy balls
1 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats
½ cup almond butter
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (without alcohol)
1/3 cup raisins or craisins
1/4 cup of shredded coconut (optional)
1. Stir all ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
3. Scoop out with a big spoon, roll into 1 – 1 ½-inch balls and then store in an airtight container overnight.
- Recipe File: Homemade Lemonade - June 16, 2020
- Gluten-free Eggplant Parm - April 13, 2020
- Recipe File: Easy Cheesy Bread - March 9, 2020