An independent school located in the heart of Portland accredited by the French Ministry of Education for students in preschool through grade 5.
- 140 Student. 9:1 Students/Teacher ratio
- Our Teachers: all native French speaking, art, music, PE, English, and coding/robotics teachers
- One of 45 schools in the US accredited by the French Ministry of Education
- 5th grade trip to France
- 18 native languages spoken in our community
- Hot lunch program
- 5.6 hours of speaking French each day
- Extracurricular activities including ballet, soccer, lego robotics, art, piano, guitar, Arabic and Spanish
- French Summer Camps
- Outdoors and Athletics: structured PE curriculum for every age. Winner of World Fit National Athletic Competition for three years in a row. Activities with the Willamette Sailing Club and the Circuit Bouldering Gym.
- Close-Knit Parent Community: parent coffees, wine tastings, charity events, parent nights out, adult French classes, holiday and spring concerts
- Continuing Education: DELF certificate of French proficiency. Tutoring middle school students in French
Gérard Martinez (Head of School)
This is Gérard’s second year at L’Etoile. Before coming to Portland, he was head of school at the French International School of Vancouver, B.C. He has extensive experience leading the operations of French schools throughout the world including London and Washington DC. He has also directed the French Cultural Centers in Iraq, Jordan and Sweden. In his spare time, he enjoys discovering Portland’s neighborhoods with his wife, Marie, and their Bernese mountain dog, Bouba. Gérard is delighted to bring his ideas and experience to the L’Etoile community.
Seema Kathuria (Admissions/Chairperson)
Lynn Prince (Administrative Manager)