From our friends at Music Together® of Portland
For over 20 years, Music Together of Portland has been invested in building stronger families and communities through family music-making. In classrooms all over Portland, they’ve inspired parents and caregivers to recognize what it means for children to be musical and to lay the foundation for a lifetime of being a music-making family. This spring, they made the quick pivot to online classes, and now, while we’re all doing our best to maintain physical distance, Music Together of Portland is working to bring people together through virtual music classes. They are bringing the same high-quality music and movement curriculum thousands of Portland families have come to know and love right into your living rooms with Music Together Online!
Music Together of Portland invites you to join them in the “Zoom Room” for a preview of their online classes. Join the musical fun with a free class the week of June 22!
Music Together of Portland’s 6-week summer session begins July 6. Each week, during a live Zoom class, your teacher will lead activities for you and your whole family to sing, play, and jam along to. Your teacher will show you how to make everyday items like dish towels, pots, and stuffies into musical props! Classes are appropriate for children under 5—but the whole family is welcome (and encouraged) to participate! In homes all over Portland, families are finding joy and connection through music-making.
Top 5 Reasons to Sign Up for a Music Together Class
1. All children are musical: Children are born with a natural enthusiasm for music and movement, and music gives parents a beautiful way to bond and communicate with their children, even before they are verbal. Music Together’s developmentally appropriate style of music-making celebrates and incorporates the ways children learn through exploration, experimentation, and play, and inspires parents and caregivers to join them in their discovery of music. A child’s home environment has always been one of their most important classrooms, and Music Together Online gives you the chance to practice incorporating music into your child’s natural, everyday learning process!
2. Community: Being a parent of young children can be lonely and isolating, even when we’re NOT in the middle of a pandemic! Your Music Together Online class offers quality, interactive time with other parents, and an opportunity for your children to grow and learn musically as they interact with you, other children, and the adults in our musical community! Families in Music Together classes feel connected. The dedicated teachers and families of Music Together of Portland are passionate about keeping that connection alive, even while we can’t be together in person. We laugh, sing, dance, and create music, and our children reap the rewards of our shared experience.
3. Lifelong Learning: Music Together classes are fun–so fun that it’s easy to forget that they’re also giving children the basic music skills they need for a lifetime of successful music making during the period when they are most receptive to learning. A musical enrichment experience now will last your child’s lifetime, and the best way to support their musical growth is by making every day a little bit more musical. Bonus: 30+ minutes of someone else leading the fun and learning! All you have to do is joyfully participate and follow along!
4. Solid Curriculum: Music Together is the preeminent early childhood music and movement program, endorsed by educators and parents worldwide. The program combines research-based and educationally sound teaching methods and practices, thoroughly trained teachers, and award-winning music to create a rich musical immersion experience that’s worth your investment. Music Together Online gives you access to the same high-quality music and movement curriculum loved by millions of families and teachers around the world—right from your own home!
5. Singing can relieve stress and make you feel good! Singing releases endorphins and the feel-good hormone, oxytocin. In fact, a recent BBC article called singing “the world’s most accessible stress reliever!” Read more about this.
Register for a free demo class the week of June 22, and join the musical fun this summer, July 6 – August 15!