Thank you for your interest in PDX Parent’s Kids Calendar! We are pleased to offer this free resource to local families, and we welcome your submissions. Our calendar includes all types of kid- and family-friendly events and activities in Portland/Vancouver. It’s free to submit an event that falls within our guidelines.
Review these frequently asked questions to learn more about submitting events. Don’t see your question? Email us at email@example.com.
Q: How do I submit events to your calendar?
You can submit your event here: https://pdxparent.com/submit-an-event/
If you have a specific message for us about your event, you can add a note in the “Note to Reviewer” section or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be notified if your event is not included for any reason. All events are manually approved, so please be patient. If you are having trouble submitting an event, or if you don’t hear from us or see your event within 72 hours, please email us at email@example.com.
Q: Are there events you don’t list in the Kids Calendar?
We may decline your event for free inclusion if:
• it is part of a multi-week class.
• it is a camp.
• it is part of a sale or promotion/fundraiser/open house/happy hour.
• it is overtly political.
• it is geared primarily toward adults without a connection to caregiving or parenting.
• it is more than 60 days in the future from the date of submission.
• it was submitted more than once for a single day. We will not post your event multiple times in a day.
If we can’t include your event in the Kids Calendar, we do have options for promoting your event at various price levels. Learn more here: https://pdxparent.com/advertise/.
We reserve the right to decline any events from inclusion, even as sponsored events.
Q: What information is required when submitting events?
Required information for submissions includes:
• Contact name
• Email address
• Website link for additional information and event verification. We suggest that our users verify each event we list, checking for any changes or possible cancelations before heading out. You can link to your website, a Facebook page, or an affiliated website that contains information about your event. Please be sure that your event is clearly listed on your website or in a Facebook events page.
Q: What if my contact information is different from the event contact information?
Please make a note in the event description section of the submission form if you would like someone else’s name and contact information to be associated with the event. When we approve your event, we will make this change.
Q: Why wasn’t my image included in my event listing?
Image inclusion is at the discretion of PDX Parent. No more than one image will be included for an event, and the image should relate clearly to the event or description. Posters or flyers are great choices. Please do not use pictures that you do not own or provide pictures of children without their parent’s/guardian’s permission.
Q: How often are events updated?
Events are updated several times a week. We try hard to make the calendar comprehensive and accurate, but we are unable to reconfirm every event on a daily basis. For this reason, we strongly encourage readers to check with host organizations before heading out. Please let us know if anything on the calendar is inaccurate by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: How do I fix an error on my event?
Please email email@example.com with any corrections to events.
Q: How can I cancel my event?
Please email cancelations to firstname.lastname@example.org.