From our friends at Opal Beginning School
Opal School is grounded in the belief that education opens opportunities for all children to participate fully in creating and shaping their own lives and to contribute fully to the quality of life around them. Applications for Opal Beginning School, a tuition-based, early childhood learning community for 3-5-year-olds in SW Portland, are available beginning Monday, February 1.
We warmly invite prospective parents and other caregivers to join us for a 2021 Virtual Information Session on Saturday, February 20, or Saturday, March 6, from 9–10:15 am. RSVP today to reserve your space!
To learn more about our school values, guiding principles, and learning structures, visit our website.
• We value the creativity, interests, ideas and questions of the children and adults at our school.
• We practice listening, observing, inquiring, staying attentive, and reflecting together with children and families.
• We invite our families to listen, share and learn with us.
• We value the role of the arts and sciences as languages for thinking, expressing ideas, and communicating stories.
• We are committed to working in partnership with our families and children to provide a rich and joyful childhood.
• We embrace the contributions of our vibrant community of learners!
Opal School strives to be a caring learning community where participating in the art of living and working with each other in constructive and productive ways is a valued part of the curriculum. Respect for the individual and respect for the health of the school community are shared values of the school.
Opal School seeks to support each student develop a keen sense of place, identity and belonging. Through a strong connection to the school community, children identify with the school’s values and build a personal commitment to participate in ways that are consistent with the values of listening, respect, responsibility and collaboration.
- Your Family’s Dream Portland Staycation - June 8, 2023
- June Installment of Summer Camps with Space - June 5, 2023
- Pride Events in PDX - June 4, 2023