Even if the Switch Witch visits, and your kids trade you candy for a small gift, you still end up with the candy. If you are looking for some ways to use all that candy (besides, you know, eating it), here are a few ideas.
- Bake with it. You can bake leftover candy into cakes, pies, brownies and blondies, or even add it to an apple salad.
- Experiment with it. Here are some fun and educational science experiments that all have candy as a key ingredient. There’s also a STEM challenge to make your own vending machine!
- Donate it. Check out these national organizations that would like to take your candy off your hands.
- Freeze it. Candy freezes well. Save it for a treat on a gloomy winter day, a sweet boost to a smoothie, or for use in a future piñata.
- Pair it with wine. If you can sneak a few pieces out of your kids’ stash, read this advice to find out which wine goes best with gummy bears, Snickers and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
Latest posts by PDX Parent Staff (see all)
- Your Family’s Dream Portland Staycation - June 8, 2023
- June Installment of Summer Camps with Space - June 5, 2023
- Pride Events in PDX - June 4, 2023