Even if the Switch Witch visits, and your kids trade you candy for a small gift, you still end up with the candy. If you are looking for some ways to use all that candy (besides, you know, eating it), here are a few ideas.
- Bake with it. You can bake leftover candy into cakes, pies, brownies and blondies, or even add it to an apple salad.
- Experiment with it. Here are some fun and educational science experiments that all have candy as a key ingredient. There’s also a STEM challenge to make your own vending machine!
- Donate it. Check out these national organizations that would like to take your candy off your hands.
- Freeze it. Candy freezes well. Save it for a treat on a gloomy winter day, a sweet boost to a smoothie, or for use in a future piñata.
- Pair it with wine. If you can sneak a few pieces out of your kids’ stash, read this advice to find out which wine goes best with gummy bears, Snickers and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.