From our friends at Mendwell:
Do you experience leakage when laughing, coughing, sneezing or with movement?
Do you have a weak core or trouble connecting to your core?
Any lower back, hip or pelvic pain?
Pregnant and curious what birthing positions are best for your pelvic floor?
If so, Mendwell Pelvic Health Physical Therapy is here to help.
What’s pelvic health / pelvic floor physical therapy and what does Mendwell treat?
Everyone has a pelvis and a pelvic floor. The pelvic floor is made up muscles that support the urinary and reproductive tracts. The pelvic floor muscles act as a hammock, attaching from the tail to the public bone, and hold in tissues, tendons and organs. Pelvic floor dysfunction occurs when the muscles in the pelvic floor are weak, too tight or don’t work as they should, and pelvic floor physical therapy can relieve symptoms like pain, discomfort, and disruptions to quality of life.
Mendwell believes that pelvic health is personal and your care should be too. Mendwell treats conditions like:
• Pain with intimacy
• Incontinence / any bladder dysfunction or urgency
• Gut and bowel health
• Pregnancy and Postpartum care
• Orthopedic rehab
• Sexual trauma
• Pelvic, back, and/or hip pain
• Oncology/ pelvic post-op
• Gender affirming care
• And more!
How is Mendwell different from other physical therapy clinics?
How they treat:
• Mendwell is a specialized clinic and only treats pelvic health. This isn’t one thing they offer—it’s all they do day in and day out.
• One-hour treatments with ONE provider
• Mendwell values listening, understanding and goal setting for the best treatment plan
• Their team is specialized in pelvic health, are trauma informed and treat everyone with a pelvic above the age of 14
Where they treat:
• Inclusive, comfortable, private and safe treatment rooms
• No big, intimating gym or patients getting treated for other injuries
• They have plants, a resource table and welcoming artwork!
Why they treat:
• Mendwell’s pelvic health specialists are passionate about pelvic health!
• They’re motivated by patient results. Because of how and where they treat, they have time to individualize patient care, which helps their patients get better faster
• Dr. Eryn Kirschbaum is board certified in pelvic health and has been treating for 8+ years serving the PDX area. She is continuously taking continued ed classes in pelvic health to better serve her patients
Free Consult & Contact
Curious if pelvic floor physical therapy could be right for you? Mendwell offers free consultations for everyone by calling (503) 749-9360. Mendwell is women owned and located in the heart of Lake Oswego.