Even if you love baking, there’s a lot going on right now. Maybe ease your mental load by outsourcing the pie for Thanksgiving? You can’t go wrong at any of these local bakeries.
1. Southeast Division Street’s Lauretta Jean’s has a bourbon pecan pie that looks absolutely decadent.
2. Just want a small pie or two? Pie Spot in Northeast is your best bet. It’s got a wide selection of adorable little mini-pies — from chocolate peanut butter to brandy apple crumble. (But there’s full-size pumpkin pie, too!)
3. Paiku in St. Johns offers a number of seasonal whole pies around the holidays. Call 503-860-4773 to find out what will be on the menu for Thanksgiving!
4. Pacific Pie Company in Southeast has a number of savory options, but the Oregon-centric chocolate bourbon hazelnut or mixed-berry pies would make a nice addition to your Thanksgiving meal. Pro tip: Pacific Pie will also bake up a custom pie not on the menu — just ask!
5. Find gluten-free and/or vegan goodies at Petunia’s Pies and Pastries downtown. The pumpkin ginger cheesecake sounds amazing! Use the custom order form to opt for a whole pie or cake.
- Portland Artist Astrid Beatriz - April 25, 2023
- Oregon’s New Kid Governor - April 20, 2023
- Top 5 Spots to See Free Portland Art Exhibits With Kids - April 18, 2023