One of the lessons of 2020: Celebrate the little things. Feb. 16 is National Pancake Day, and that’s reason enough to seek out flapjacks to go at a restaurant near you.
1. Black Bear Diner’s “cub” breakfasts are on the menu all day long. Your kids will probably angle for the chocolate-chip pancakes. Pro tip: Their online ordering system is a breeze! Locations in East Portland, Gresham, Beaverton and Vancouver. Delivery, pickup or curbside pickup.
2. At Multnomah Village’s Marco’s Cafe, you can order a kid’s pancake — and maybe an avocado-bacon benedict for you. Covered, heated outdoor dining; Grubhub and DoorDash delivery; or pickup.
3. City State Diner & Bakery on Northeast 28th Avenue lets you top pancakes with chocolate chips, granola, toasted coconut or blueberries. Breakfast served all day. Covered outdoor seating, pickup or delivery.
4. While it is normally closed on Tuesday, which National Pancake Day lands on this year, the iconic Original Pancake House in Southwest had to make our list. The abundant pancake menu includes sourdough, buckwheat, pecan and coconut varieties, among others. The classic silver dollar cakes or puffy Dutch baby are sure bets. Pickup.
5. Cameo Cafe’s “acre” buttermilk pancakes will fill a whole plate. They also offer special savory Korean pancakes stuffed with rice and veggies. Locations on Northeast Sandy Boulevard and in Vancouver. Outdoor dining and pickup.
- Don’t Miss UFO Fest in McMinnville - September 20, 2021
- Family-Friendly Food Carts: Try Moore Food & Company - September 6, 2021
- Speak Up for Families in Oregon: 3 Ways to Be Involved - August 31, 2021