Beef patties smashed into a screaming-hot griddle resulting in a crunchy crust? Count us in. The smash burger craze is in full swing in Portland. Try one of these outstanding spots to feed your family’s burger craving.
1. The light-blue Burger Stevens cart was ahead of the trend. The thin patties topped with melty cheese still rank as some of the city’s best.
2. With its fun fright-night theme, Monster Smash, a cart behind Belmont Station, flings scarily good burgers and yummy, salty fries with garlic aioli.
3. For a spicy spin, hit up Güero for a smash burger with jalapeños and chipotle mayo.
4. Open Thursday to Sunday, popular Mid City Smash Burger consistently sells out, so plan to get there early! It has shakes, too. @midcitysmashburger on Instagram.
5. Union Burger at Park the Carts on Northeast Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard offers a slightly thicker patty with great crunch — like a burger you’d find at a great backyard barbecue. The heavily breaded, diner-style onion rings satisfy all your crunch cravings.
- Don’t Miss UFO Fest in McMinnville - September 20, 2021
- Family-Friendly Food Carts: Try Moore Food & Company - September 6, 2021
- Speak Up for Families in Oregon: 3 Ways to Be Involved - August 31, 2021